|Publication Number||US 10508134|
|Filing Status||Issued Patent|
|US PAIR Status||Patented Case|
|US PAIR Status Date||2019-11-26|
Provided herein are compositions including peptides, pharmaceutical preparations thereof, and methods of preventing photoreceptor death therewith and protecting of retinal cells, including, but not limited to, photoreceptors and retinal pigment epithelium, from Fas- or TRAIL-mediated apoptosis.
- 1. A compound of Formula I, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
- 2. The compound of claim 1, wherein the salt is a polyacetate salt or a triacetate salt of the compound of Formula I.
- 3. The compound of claim 2, wherein the compound is for use in a pharmaceutical formulation for preventing Fas- or TRAIL mediated apoptosis in the photoreceptors of the eye.
- 4. The compound of claim 2, wherein the compound is for use in a pharmaceutical formulation for preventing apoptosis or necroptosis in cells of the retinal pigmented epithelium of the eye.
- 5. The compound of claim 2, wherein the compound is for use in a pharmaceutical formulation for treatment of retinal detachment.
- 6. The compound of claim 2, wherein the compound is for use in a pharmaceutical formulation to prevent diseases or conditions of retinal ganglion cells.
- 7. A composition comprising the compound of claim 2, and a pharmaceutical carrier configured for ocular delivery.
- 8. The composition of claim 7, wherein the composition is formulated for intraocular, intravitreal, or periocular administration.
- 9. The composition of claim 7, wherein the compound within the composition protects detached retina photoreceptor cells.
- 10. The composition of claim 7, wherein the compound within the composition prevents apoptosis or necroptosis in cells of the retinal pigmented epithelium of the eye.
- 11. The composition of claim 7, wherein the compound within the composition prevents apoptosis or necroptosis in cells of the retinal ganglia of the eye.
- 12. The composition of claim 7, further comprising at least one non-ionic surfactant selected from the group consisting of Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 20, Poloxamer 407, and Tyloxapol.
- 13. The composition of claim 12, wherein the at least one non-ionic surfactant forms approximately 0.01%-20% w/w of the composition.
- 14. The composition of claim 12, wherein two or more non-ionic surfactants are used in a ratio which optimizes such parameters as vitreal or retinal pharmacokinetics to suit the indication being treated, whether it be acute or chronic, such that the total amount of non-ionic surfactant added is 0.01-20% w/w of the composition.
- 15. The composition of claim 7, further comprising an organic cosolvent.
- 16. The composition of claim 7, further comprising at least one of propylene glycol and dimethylsulfoxide.
- 17. The composition of claim 15, wherein the organic cosolvent forms approximately 1%-5% w/w of the composition.
- 18. The composition of claim 7, wherein the composition has a pH in the 2.5-6.0 range.
- 19. A method of treating an ocular condition, disease, or condition or disease affecting ocular health, comprising administering the composition of claim 8 to a subject suffering from the ocular condition, disease, or condition or disease affecting ocular health.
- 20. The method of claim 19, wherein the ocular condition, disease, or condition or disease affecting ocular health is selected from the group consisting of retinal detachment, macular degeneration, age-related macular degeneration, non-exudative age-related macular degeneration, exudative age-related macular degeneration, choroidal neovascularization, retinopathy, diabetic retinopathy, acute and chronic macular neuroretinopathy, central serous chorioretinopathy, macular edema, cystoid macular edema, diabetic macular edema, uveitis/retinitis/choroiditis, multifocal placoid pigment epitheliopathy, Behcet's disease, birdshot retinochoroidopathy, infectious (syphilis, Lyme Disease, tuberculosis, toxoplasmosis), uveitis, intermediate uveitis (pars planitis), anterior uveitis, multifocal choroiditis, multiple evanescent white dot syndrome (MEWDS), ocular sarcoidosis, posterior scleritis, serpignous choroiditis, subretinal fibrosis, uveitis syndrome, Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome; retinal arterial occlusive disease, central retinal vein occlusion, disseminated intravascular coagulopathy, branch retinal vein occlusion, hypertensive fundus changes, ocular ischemic syndrome, retinal arterial microaneurysms, Coats disease, parafoveal telangiectasis, hemi-retinal vein occlusion, papillophlebitis, central retinal artery occlusion, branch retinal artery occlusion, carotid artery disease (CAD), frosted branch angitis, sickle cell retinopathy and other hemoglobinopathies, angioid streaks, familial exudative vitreoretinopathy, Eales disease, sympathetic ophthalmia, uveitic retinal disease, retinal detachment, trauma, laser, PDT, photocoagulation, hypoperfusion during surgery, radiation retinopathy, bone marrow transplant retinopathy, proliferative vitreal retinopathy and epiretinal membranes, proliferative diabetic retinopathy, ocular histoplasmosis, ocular toxocariasis, ocular histoplasmosis syndrome (OHS), endophthalmitis, toxoplasmosis, retinal diseases associated with HIV infection, choroidal disease associated with HIV infection, uveitic disease associated with HIV Infection, viral retinitis, acute retinal necrosis, progressive outer retinal necrosis, fungal retinal diseases, ocular syphilis, ocular tuberculosis, diffuse unilateral subacute neuroretinitis, myiasis, retinitis pigmentosa, systemic disorders with associated retinal dystrophies, congenital stationary night blindness, cone dystrophies, Stargardt's disease, fundus flavimaculatus, Best's disease, pattern dystrophy of the retinal pigment epithelium, X-linked retinoschisis, Sorsby's fundus dystrophy, benign concentric maculopathy, Bietti's crystalline dystrophy, pseudoxanthoma elasticum, retinal detachment, macular hole, giant retinal tear, retinal disease associated with tumors, congenital hypertrophy of the RPE, posterior uveal melanoma, choroidal hemangioma, choroidal osteoma, choroidal metastasis, combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium, retinoblastoma, vasoproliferative tumors of the ocular fundus, retinal astrocytoma, intraocular lymphoid tumors, punctate inner choroidopathy, acute posterior multifocal placoid pigmentepitheliopathy, myopic retinal degeneration, abnormal retinal pigment epithelium homeostasis, acute retinal pigment epithelitis, glaucoma, corneal dystrophies, and dysplasias.
- 21. The method of claim 19, wherein the composition is administered in an amount sufficient to attenuate cell death in at least one of photoreceptors, RPE cells, retinal ganglionic cells, or optic nerve cells within the subject.
- 22. The method of claim 19, wherein the composition is administered in an amount sufficient to enhance photoreceptor survival within said subject.
- 23. A method of preventing photoreceptor cell death comprising administering to a subject at risk of photoreceptor cell death a composition of claim 8.
- 24. The method of claim 23, wherein the photoreceptor cell death is Fas- or TRAIL mediated photoreceptor apoptosis.
Also Published As
7 related grants.
Sign in to view
Wellspring Search is the world's most comprehensive collection of enriched content about emerging and licensable technology innovations.