General Atomics develops technology solutions for defense, energy, and transportation applications worldwide. The company’s defense solutions comprise aircraft launch and recovery systems; energy solutions include nuclear energy, nuclear fuel, and alternative energy; transportation solutions comprise magnetic levitation (maglev) systems, including urban maglev systems, electromagnetic cargo conveyors, and high-speed maglev systems as well as linear motor systems for civil transportation applications.
General Atomics also offers unmanned aircraft systems and sensors as well as training and support services. In addition, the company offers various commercial products, including capacitors, terminal automation products, radiation monitoring systems, deicing products, diagnostic enzymes, electrostatic oil separator systems, nirvana storage products, fusion technology products, research reactor control systems, products for cleanroom services, and algae for aquaculture as well as integrated drive systems, power inverters, and permanent magnet motors.
Further, it offers education outreach programs, which include elements that support fusion energy research and development as well as general science education.
General Atomics was founded in 1955 and is headquartered in San Diego, California with additional offices in Newport News, Virginia; Lakehurst, New Jersey; and Washington, D.C. It also has operations in Berlin and Dresden, Germany; Adelaide, Australia; Denver, Colorado; Los Alamos, New Mexico; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Tupelo, Mississippi; Ogden, Utah; and Washington, District of Columbia.
Research Grants 54 show all
Patents 831show all
- 132Y02E - Reduction of greenhouse gas [ghg] emissions, related to energy generation, transmission or distribution
- 95G01N - Investigating or analysing materials by determining their chemical or physical properties
- 79G21C - Nuclear reactors
- 62C12Q - Measuring or testing processes involving enzymes, nucleic acids or microorganisms
- 60H01L - Semiconductor devices
- 44C04B - Lime, magnesia
- 43C12M - Apparatus for enzymology or microbiology
- 37C12N - Microorganisms or enzymes
- 34H01J - Electric discharge tubes or discharge lamps
- 31B01J - Chemical or physical processes, e.g. catalysis or colloid chemistry
Crunchbase Investment Rounds
|Date||Amount||Round||Valuation||Lead Investor||Other Investors|
|2013-06-27||$3,500,000||Grant||US Department of Energy|