Ford Motor Company manufactures or distributes automobiles in addition to offering financial services. The company sells to dealerships for retail sale, and for sale to fleet customers, including commercial fleet customers, daily rental car companies, and governments. Ford’s vehicle portfolio includes automobiles, buses, tractors, and trucks.
As a result of these financing activities, Ford Motor Credit Company LLC has a portfolio of finance receivables and operating leases which it classifies into two portfolios— ‘consumer’ and ‘non-consumer’. Finance receivables and operating leases in the consumer portfolio include products offered to individuals and businesses that finance the acquisition of its vehicles from dealers for personal and commercial use. Retail financing includes retail installment sale contracts for new and used vehicles, and direct financing leases for new vehicles to retail customers, government entities, daily rental car companies, and fleet customers. Finance receivables in the non-consumer portfolio include products offered to automotive dealers.
Ford’s environmental initiatives include compressed natural gas, flexible fuel vehicles, electric drive vehicles, Hydrogen, and PC power management, and so on.
Ford Motor Company was founded by Henry Ford in 1903 and is headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan.
Research Grants 144 show all
Patents 92,302show all
- 11,504Y02T - Climate change mitigation technologies related to transportation
- 7,182B60R - Vehicles, vehicle fittings, or vehicle parts, not otherwise provided for
- 7,136F02D - Controlling combustion engines
- 5,099F02M - Supplying combustion engines in general, with combustible mixtures or constituents thereof
- 5,075B60K - Arrangement or mounting of propulsion units or of transmissions in vehicles
- 4,929B60W - Conjoint control of vehicle sub-units of different type or different function
- 4,679B62D - Motor vehicles
- 4,129F02B - Internal-combustion piston engines
- 3,954F16H - Gearing
- 3,038F01N - Gas-flow silencers or exhaust apparatus for machines or engines in general
SEC Filings show all