We are here for the people we serve in their pursuit of healthy lives. This has been the way of Abbott for more than a century—passionately and thoughtfully translating science into lasting contributions to health.
Our products encircle life, from newborns to aging adults, from nutrition and diagnostics through medical care and pharmaceutical therapy.
Caring is central to the work we do and defines our responsibility to those we serve.
We advance leading-edge science and technologies that hold the potential for significant improvements to health and to the practice of healthcare.
We value our diversity—that of our products, technologies, markets and people—and believe that diverse perspectives combined with shared goals inspire new ideas and better ways of addressing changing health needs.
We focus on exceptional performance—a hallmark of Abbott people worldwide—demanding of ourselves and each other because our work impacts people’s lives.
We strive to earn the trust of those we serve by committing to the highest standards of quality, excellence in personal relationships, and behavior characterized by honesty, fairness and integrity.
We sustain success—for our business and the people we serve—by staying true to key tenets upon which our company was founded over a century ago: innovative care and a desire to make a meaningful difference in all that we do.
The promise of our company is in the promise that our work holds for health and life.
Research Grants 160 show all
Publications 4,759 show all
- 114Enzyme Inhibitors/pharmacology
- 67Drug Design
- 61Anti-Bacterial Agents/pharmacology
- 60Chromatography, High Pressure Liquid/methods
- 58Enzyme Inhibitors/chemical synthesis
- 50Erythromycin/analogs & derivatives
- 48Renin/antagonists & inhibitors
- 46Hydroxyurea/analogs & derivatives
- 42Histamine Antagonists/pharmacology
Patents 42,195show all
- 5,836C07D - Heterocyclic compounds
- 5,301A61K - Preparations for medical, dental, or toilet purposes
- 4,270G01N - Investigating or analysing materials by determining their chemical or physical properties
- 2,964A61B - Diagnosis
- 2,858A61M - Devices for introducing media into, or onto, the body
- 2,618C07K - Peptides
- 2,325A61F - Filters implantable into blood vessels
- 1,768C12Q - Measuring or testing processes involving enzymes, nucleic acids or microorganisms
- 1,738C07C - Acyclic or carbocyclic compounds
- 1,673A23L - Foods, foodstuffs, or non-alcoholic beverages, not covered by subclasses -
Clinical Trials 1,477show all
SEC Filings show all
SEC Form D Funding Events
- Miles D. White
- Richard W. Ashley
- John M. Capek
- Thomas C. Freyman
- Holger A. Liepmann
- Edward L. Michael
- Laura J. Schumacher
- James L. Tyree
- Olivier Bohuon
- Thomas F. Chen
- Stephen R. Fussell
- Robert B. Hance
- John C. Landgraf
- Greg W. Linder
- Heather L. Mason
- James V. Mazzo
- Donald V. Patton Jr.
- Mary T. Szela
- Michael J. Warmuth
- Robert J. Alpern
- Roxanne S. Austin
- William M. Daley
- W. James Farrell
- H. Laurance Fuller
- William A. Osborn
- David A. L. Owen
- Boone Powell Jr.
- W. Ann Reynolds
- Roy S. Roberts
- Samuel C. Scott III
- William D. Smithburg
- Glenn F. Tilton
- Carlos Alban
- J. Scott White
- David A.l. Owen
- Richard A. Gonzalez
- Brian J. Blaser
- A. David Forrest
- Edward M. Liddy
- Phebe N. Novakovic